It was confirmed. And by no less than three sources. I need a fancier dress.
The one I bought will just not do.
(The Original, Not Fancy Enough Dress)
So I trekked back out over the weekend with Gilberto and Gabi in tow. My poor husband. But at least now he understands why it's such a big deal that I wasn't told about this whole dress thing much earlier than two weeks before our scheduled departure. Fancy dresses for us, um, curvy girls are just very very hard to find.
Every single dress that was somewhat appropriate I grabbed. Which was really only two.
(Goddess Dress and Flirty Ruffle Dress )
And then I ordered two more from the Internet and had them overnighted.
(Pink Ribbon Dress and Crazy Hem Dress)
I now have a total of FIVE dresses. And I'm taking them all! After all the torture I just put myself through, I can't bring myself to pick only one, so I'm going to leave the choice in my mother-in-law's hands. I'm also including the Original, because it really does look the best on. A girl's gotta have hope.
But really, at this point I don't care which one she picks. Just doll me up and place me where I need to be. I'll smile for pictures and do what I'm told. And then breathe a huge sigh of relief when we get home and I can strip and put on jammies.
And of course there was a little drama! How could there not be?
It went something like this:
- Order dresses from Internet with two day shipping
- Notice on confirmation email that standard shipping was applied
- Email store to get shipping changed
- Receive a form letter stating that I cannot cancel an order after it's been processed
- Respond to form letter asking for someone to call me
- After no response, pow wow with a co-worker and decide to re-order dresses with overnight shipping
- This locks my credit card
- Call credit card to get card unlocked, after having to convince the service rep that I did indeed plan to order from the same store two days in a row.
- Complete online order
- Receive the same form letter as before
- Respond with, "Apparently the form letter is your friend. It is not a friend of mine." Followed by a description of my shipping problems.
- Receive a number to call the company directly.
- Call company and get all shipping reimbursed.
But now I have two dresses (the overnight shipment, which took two days), and two more of the same dresses on the way.I have a hunch I won't be wearing either, so I've devised a return plan. I'll return one set to the store near where I live. And the other set to the store near where I work. Then they'll be none-the-wiser to my craziness.
Now I just need to go buy new bras. My mother-in-law insists on doing the laundry, and to top it off, she hangs it to dry in plain view of the kitchen. So no shabby undergarmets for me. If people are going to be subjected to my bras, I want them to think, "Wow, that lady has some TASTE."
Oh, and the last time we went, I let Gilberto pack his own underwear, and he included some with holes. His mother DARNED them! So he's also getting a whole new set of underthings as well.