Monday, October 15, 2007

Round Two

Have I mentioned that Jinx is a close friend of mine? Yeah, and since I blogged that I had escaped getting too terribly sick with the rest of the family last weekend, Jinx decided I'd had enough fun and brought it on.

I'm sick like the woman in the NyQuil commercial. I have a sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, can't sleep a wink cold. I'm a miserable lump. Today at work I think I've done one whole productive thing, and the rest of the time has been spent staring off into space. The best part is that my body doesn't respond very well to cold medicines, so I also LOOK like the woman in the NyQuil commercial.

I guess I can be thankful that it didn't hit me until last night. Our weekend was actually quite nice. On Saturday Gabi and I shopped our little hearts out, finding her a Christmas outfit (complete with knee socks!) and some more fall clothes. We also hit a Kohl's sale, dropped off some dry cleaning and stopped by Home Depot for some stucco repair. Gilberto unclogged the dishwasher's drain hose and patched our crumbling patio walls.

On Sunday I attended one of those product parties. It was for high end linens, and oh my gosh, I'm such a sucker for linens. I managed to control myself, though, and only got two things. A waterproof mattress cover for Gabi's soon to be Big Girl Bed, which is incredibly soft, and a pair of fluffy slippers (for a Christmas gift). What I really wanted to do was come home with all the makings for a luxurious spa bed. Like Oprah's. But we're on a budget, so the spa bed of my dreams will have to wait.

I can also be thankful that I got my floors clean and all the laundry done before the onset of my cold. Because there isn't going to be any cleaning of any kind for at least a week. It was so strange- one minute I was fine, the next my nose was a faucet. And it got progressively worse the rest of the evening. The only thing to do is ride it out and hope that it doesn't spread.

Gilberto is still sick from round one. He did finally take Friday off, but it doesn't seem to have helped all that much. I think he might have bronchitis. I should probably start pushing a visit to the doctor now because it will take several days to break him down to the point where he'll actually go.

I always forget that this is how we welcome the beginning of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.