Even though I haven't written here for over a year, not a day went by that I didn't have Blogger Brain. Something crazy would happen, and I would start to write a post about it in my head. I had so much going on that it never made it to paper, but it's the thought that counts, right?
It feels damn good to be writing again for real, outside of my head. I've been gone from here for way too long.
There's no easy way to sum up the last 16 months, but I'll give it a whirl.
1) I grew a baby! It was a really rough pregnancy, though, and I was so glad when it was over. I had pneumonia twice, was sick with one thing or another the rest of the time, and developed gestational diabetes. At the end I got sciatica so badly I couldn't walk (and had to be wheeled to Dr. appointments!).
2) Our son, Mason, was born after 36 hours of labor. 36. Without medication. Oh, that's a lie. I did have a jab or two of something that gave me quite a lovely buzz when I hit transition. It was a little sketchy because the nurse gave it to me after I told him no, but once I'd had it, I was like, I'll have more of THAT, please.
3) Gabi started Kindergarten and is now in the 1st grade. It's so weird to have a kid in school. If anything has made me feel like a full fledged mom, that's it. The minivan in our near future will seal the deal.
4) On the work front, Gilberto injured his back at work and has been home with me this entire time. We hated each other in the beginning, but it's all good now. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to be a stay at home mom (which I LOVE), but we are making it work for now by living simply. Getting laid off has been a true blessing in the Learning To Live On A Tight Budget department. Now that we've learned how to handle money, God can bring on the big lottery win.
5) In addition to my wheat allergy, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and Fibromyalgia. That may seem like a bummer, but I'm just so happy to be able to put an identity to what I've been going through. Now I know how to try and make things better.
6) I've become addicted to non-classy reality TV. Classy being The Amazing Race and Survivor. Non-classy being The Jersey Shore and Money Hungry. My DVR list is shameful.
7) I've lost my memory. After two babies, all hope is gone that I'll ever regain the brain I once had. This could be problematic if I ever get an interview, but it helps me not feel like an idiot after baby talking to a nine month old all day long.
8) Last but not least, I've started to drool in my sleep. Why my mouth has started to betray me in this way, I have no idea, but it's gross. With the snoring, co-sleeping, and now drool, our bed is now the least romantic spot in the house.
It may take me a while to get my groove back, but I'll keep writing until I do. An upcoming teaser- we're heading to Brazil again in a week and a half. I should have some fantastic in-law stories.